Drone Tools – a custom MIDI script and template for MainStage by Stephen Sherwood.
This works great for song transitions, or as an ambient pad that fills out a song.
You may have noticed that latch controls are not included in Mainstage. If you want to hold out a pad while you’re playing something else like a piano or a synth, you either need expensive gear or a third arm. This ambient pad solution solves that problem by adding latch controls to Mainstage!
The Mainstage template allows you to immediately get started. Drone Tools can also be added to an existing Mainstage template – no problem.
As performers, we tried to think of everything that most performers want out of their sustained pads. This eventually became the feature set of Drone Tools:
- Can be used in any Mainstage concert template
- Supports flexible triggering methods like mini keyboards, MIDI controller pads, on screen buttons, etc.
- Automatically fades in and out on demand
- Automatically fades between key presses
- Supports sustaining any instrument, so players can experiment with using their own pad sounds
- Sustained notes fit into any major or minor key
- Players can customize the number of intervals played
- Players can manually fade their pad sound in and out using the included cutoff or volume controls
- Intuitive. Feels like playing a real instrument.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Drone Tools Mainstage Template
- Drone Tools MIDI Script Plugin (Developed by Stephen Sherwood)
- Starter Patches (Designed by Abel Mendoza and Stephen Sherwood)
- One of the smoothest and most transparent pads you will ever hear – preloaded to Drone Tools in the Mainstage template. Designed by Abel Mendoza.
- Two starter pianos that fit perfectly with your sustained pads. Designed by Abel Mendoza
- The Analog Cathedral Distorgan patch – great for adding some unique, new wave, synthpop energy. Designed by Stephen Sherwood.
- MainStage (can also function in Logic Pro)
How to use Drone Tools in any MainStage template